- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 500g potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- ½ cup pure cream
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme.
- Heat oil in the Billyboil inner pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until softened.
- Add cauliflower and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and cover with lid. Bring to the boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the stove burner. Transfer the inner pot into the insulated outer pot and close the lid.
- Leave to cook for 20 minutes. Afterwards, remove the inner pot from the outer pot.
- Use a stick blender, or blend in batches with a regular blender, until smooth.
- Return the inner pot to a low heat. Stir in cream.
- Cook until heated through to preferred temperature. Serve.