- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 30g butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- First, make your favourite stew or soup and have it ready on standby in the Billyboil.
- Sift the flour into a bowl
- Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and quickly stir in the milk.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, very lightly kneading a couple of times until smooth. Do not overwork. Flatten the dough out to about 1/2 an inch thickness.
- Cut out the dumplings with a small round cutter.
- Place your cooked stew on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and using a slotted spoon, carefully place the dumplings on top of the simmering liquid. You should be able to fit at least 8 dumplings at a time.
- Replace the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Take the inner pot off the stove and place in the Billyboil outer pot to cook for a further 15 mins.