- 1 kg of potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 40g butter
- ½ cup milk
- Place the potatoes into the Billyboil inner pot and cover with cold water.
- Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the stove burner. Transfer the inner pot into the insulated outer pot and close the lid.
- Leave to cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Tip: poke the potatoes with a fork; there should be no resistance.
- Afterwards, remove the inner pot from the outer pot.
- Carefully drain the hot water out, leaving only the boiled potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork or a potato-mashing utensil.
- Stir in butter and milk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.