With the Billyboil Thermal Cooker you can keep this amazing winter drink warm in between glasses. Fantastic for Christmas in July.
- 300g castor sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- the peel of 2 lemons and 2 oranges
- 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 7 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons of grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1.5 litres (two bottles) of red wine
- Place all the ingredients except the wine in the Billboil’s inner pot and stir.
- Add a splash of wine, just enough to cover the sugar.
- Turn on the heat to low and keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the ingredients to the boil.
- Keep boiling for about 4 minutes or until you have a thick syrup.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the rest of the wine. Stir.
- Slowly heat the wine for about five minutes, but do not bring it to the boil or the alcohol will evaporate.
- Once heated, place the inner pot inside the Billyboil’s insulated outer pot.
- Bring the Billyboil to the table and let guests serve themselves, with a ladle into mugs.
- Option: serve with extra cinnamon sticks or orange peels.