This is such a delicious, quick and easy meal. Other recipes require using multiple pans or stirring the risotto constantly to avoid burning or boiling over. Not with Billyboil! The hardest part is chopping up ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 cups of arborio rice
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 generous handful of rocket leaves
- Black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese (preferably non-animal rennet parmesan)
1. Heat the oil in the Billyboil inner saucepan. Fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms until cooked (onions will be transparent in colour).
2. Add rice and stock. Stir.
3. Place the lid on the pot and bring the ingredients to the boil.
4. Once boiling, give the ingredients another quick stir.
5. Close the lid, turn off the stovetop and place the pot into the Billyboil outer pot.
6. Leave to cook for 20 mins.
7. Take the inner pot out. Stir in the rocket leaves. Mix in some cracked pepper to taste.
8. Serve into bowls. Sprinkle cheese on top of each serving.