This is one of those Billyboil recipes that can be made in the morning and enjoyed at dinnertime. The longer you leave the curry to cook, the more tender the ingredients and more developed the flavours will be.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite curry paste
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 can of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Serve With (optional):
- Rice or cous cous
- cold chutney
- Heat the oil in the Billyboil’s inner saucepan.
- Cook the onions until soft.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for an extra minute to release the aroma of the spices.
- Stir in the potatoes and eggplant until combined.
- Add the tomatoes and stir. N.B. You may add water if you would prefer more liquid.
- Put on the lid and bring the ingredients to the boil.
- Once boiling, stir the curry again. Replace the lid, turn off the stove and put the pot into the Billyboil insulated outer pot.
- Leave to cook for at least an hour (Billyboil will keep the food hot for up to 8 hours).
- Stir in the fresh coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.